Mixed salad greens
Onion, thinly sliced into half-moons
Apple, peeled, core removed
1, halved, and sliced
Avocado, scooped from the skin, sliced
½ cup, chopped, toasted
Apple cider vinegar
Freshly ground black pepper
Apple, Beet and Avocado Salad
1 h 25 m
1 h 50 m
- Preheat oven to 400°F/200°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Thoroughly wash the beets.
- Pour ¼ cup water into a rimmed baking dish. Place beets into the baking dish, cover with aluminum foil. Bake for an hour or so, until tender. Remove from oven, drain water, set aside to cool.
- Whisk apple cider with apple cider vinegar. Add oil in a thin streak while whisking non-stop to emulsify. Season with salt and pepper, celery seeds, and mustard.
- Peel the cooled beets and slice them up. Transfer to the bowl with the apple cider vinaigrette and let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes or more.
- Divide mixed salad greens among 4 salad plates. With a slotted spoon, remove beets from the vinaigrette. Arrange sliced beets, apples, avocado, and onions on top of the salad green in somewhat sloppy overlapping layers.
- Drizzle with the apple cider vinaigrette, sprinkle with toasted walnuts, and serve immediately.