1 cup, coarsely chopped
1 ½ cups
1 tsp., ground
½ cups, softened
1 cup, unsweetened
Delicate Applesauce Cake
1 h 20 m
1 h 50 m
- Heat the oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4.
- Prepare a 9-inch square pan, grease and flour it.
- Mix raisins and flour in a medium-sized bowl, add cinnamon and cloves, and set aside.
- Combine butter and sugar in a large bowl and beat up until light and fluffy.
- Mix baking soda and applesauce, add this mixture to the creamed butter, and stir well.
- Add the flour mixture to the applesauce mixture and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.