Dry bread crumbs
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Freshly ground black pepper
Chicken breast halves, skinless, boneless
Healthier Garlic Chicken Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Apply cooking spray to a baking dish.
- Add olive oil to a shallow bowl, stir in garlic.
- In another bowl, mix bread crumbs with dried basil, grated Parmesan, and pepper.
- Dip chicken breast halves, one by one, in garlicky oil, then coat in the dry mixture on both sides. Place in the baking dish. Repeat.
- If there is any dry mixture left, use it as an additional layer on top of the chicken in the baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked and yields clear juice when poked with a knife.