1, finely diced
Ground black pepper
Best Baked Beans
4 h 30 m
4 h 60 m
- Soak navy beans in water overnight. Simmer them for 1 hour in the water until tender. Drain (reserve the water).
- Preheat oven to 325° F (165° C).
- Arrange beans in a casserole dish: place some of the beans in the bottom. Layer with bacon and diced onion.
- Bring Worcestershire sauce, pepper, mustard, molasses, salt, ketchup, and sugar to a boil in a large saucepan. Pour the mixture over the beans. Pour the reserved water to cover the beans. Cover the dish with an aluminum foil.
- Bake for 3 hours, until tender. Uncover halfway through cooking. Add more water if necessary. Serve and enjoy your Baked Beans!