Unsweetened cocoa powder
Semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup, softened
Egg yolk, beaten
1 3/4 cups
1/4 cup, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C). Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix butter and sugar until smooth in a bowl. Beat in eggs one at a time. Add vanilla extract. Stir.
- Combine all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Add to the butter mixture. Mix well. Add semisweet chocolate chips and nuts. Mix well. Divide into two parts. Shape the mixture into 9x2x1-inch loaves and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet. Mix water and egg yolk in a bowl and brush the loaves with the mixture.
- Bake for 20 (until firm). Let the loaves cool for half an hour.
- Slice diagonally into 1-inch slices with a serrated knife. Arrange the slices on the baking sheet and bake them for 10 minutes on each side. Let them cool completely. Enjoy your chocolate biscotti!