1 1/4 cups
Cream cheese, softened
World's Best Carrot Cake
1 h 30 m
1 h 60 m
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Prepare a 9x13-inch pan by greasing and flouring it.
- Beat together eggs, oil, sugar, and 2 tsps vanilla extract in a bowl. Add all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon. Mix. Add carrots and stir. Add chopped pecans and stir. Pour into the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes (use a toothpick to check for doneness: insert it in the center of the cake and check if it comes out clean). Leave the cake in the pan for 10 minutes to cool. Turn the carrot cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine cream cheese, butter, confectioners sugar, and 1 tsp vanilla extract in a bowl. Beat until smooth. Add pecans and stir. Use the mixture for frosting. Enjoy your Carrot Cake!