3 ½ cups
Eggs, at room temperature, beaten
1 ½ cups
2 tbsp., melted
½ cup, packed
½ cup, chopped
Carrot Zucchini Bread
1 h 30 m
1 h 45 m
- Preheat oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4.
- Brush two loaf pans with butter or oil or apply cooking spray.
- Mix flour with baking soda and powder, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl. Sift to aerate or simply whisk vigorously until fluffed.
- Whisk buttermilk with eggs and melted butter in another large bowl. Add brown sugar, shredded carrot and zucchini, plus both zests, mix until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the moist mixture, mix until just incorporated, then gently fold in the walnuts.
- Divide batter between loaf pans. Bake for about an hour and test the readiness with a toothpick. If the loaves are not fully baked yet, let them sit in the oven for up to 15 minutes more or until the toothpick comes out without moist batter sticking to it.
- Remove loaf pans from oven; let sit for 10 minutes, then remove the loaves and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.