green bell pepper, chopped
yellow onion, chopped
sliced and quartered pepperoni
fresh mushrooms, sliced
garlic, peeled and minced
shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, combine green pepper, onion, pepperoni, mushrooms, tomato paste, spaghetti sauce, and garlic. Cover, and simmer for one hour.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook pasta in boiling water for 8 to 10 minutes, or until al dente; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix together pasta, ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, and Parmesan. In a 9x13 inch baking dish, alternate pasta and cheese mixture and sauce mixture, ending with sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.