jumbo pasta shells
frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
grated Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste
shredded mozzarella cheese
Cheesy Stuffed Shells
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add shells and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium-high heat until evenly brown. Drain and crumble. In a large bowl, combine cooked sausage, spinach, ricotta cheese, egg, garlic, lemon juice and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Stuff pasta shells with the sausage and cheese mixture and place in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Top with spaghetti sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the pasta is heated through and the cheese is melted.