Chicken breast halves
4, skinless, bones removed
Freshly ground black pepper
Seasoned bread crumbs
Chicken Cordon Bleu
1 h 0 m
1 h 20 m
- Preheat oven 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- Pound breast halves till they are ¼ inch thick. Season each on both sides with pepper and salt.
- Layer a slice of both cheese and ham on top of each flattened chicken breast. Roll up and firmly secure with a toothpick.
- Place rolled-up chicken into the baking dish. Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Bake for half an hour or until fully cooked and no longer pink. Top each rolled-up breast with ½ slice of Swiss and return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- Remove the toothpicks before serving.