- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease an 8 inch square pan.
- Cut cold butter into 1/4 inch cubes. Toss cubes with baking mix until coated. Beat 1/2 cup milk and egg together; stir into butter mixture.
- Turn dough onto cloth covered board generously dusted with baking mix; roll to coat. Fold and knead 10 times. Roll into a 15 x 8 inch rectangle. Spread with softened butter or margarine. Mix sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over dough. Roll up tightly, beginning at 15 inch side. Pinch edge into roll. Cut into 12 slices with a sharp knife. Place cut sides down in prepared pan.
- Bake until golden, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool for 15 minutes.
- Mix confectioners sugar and 1 tablespoon milk until smooth. Drizzle over cinnamon buns. Serve.