white sugar, divided
bread, crust removed
- In a medium bowl, beat together cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar and egg yolk.
- In a small, shallow bowl, mix 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Spread one side of each bread slice with the cream cheese mixture. Roll bread slices jelly roll fashion, and dip into melted butter. Place each piece of bread in the sugar mixture, and coat evenly. Arrange in a single layer on a medium baking sheet. Cover with foil, and place in the freezer at least 1 hour, until frozen.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Uncover frozen bread rolls, and bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until crusty and golden brown.