16 oz., peeled, deveined, tail off, thawed (if frozen)
½, small, diced
3 cloves, minced
Cajun seasoning blend
2 ½ cups
1 tbsp. + water – 1 tbsp. (whisked until smooth)
12 oz., dried
for garnish, optional
Cajun Shrimp Pasta
- Add butter to a skillet and melt it over medium-high heat.
- Add onion to the skillet and sauté for 4 minutes or until soft.
- Add garlic, shrimp, and cook for 4 minutes or until the shrimp is ready and the onion starts to caramelize.
- Add the Cajun blend (start with 1 tsp. and add more if desired) and stir well.
- Slowly add the broth, stir, and bring the mixture to a simmer.
- Add the diluted cornstarch and let it simmer and become thicker for 5 to 8 minutes or until the broth is reduced by half.
- Add the heavy cream and let it come back to simmer again to thicken. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add pasta, toss to coat, then remove from heat and use parsley to garnish.