Beef top sirloin
1 ½ lbs., sliced thinly
Rice wine vinegar
Frozen orange juice concentrate
Long grain rice
3 tbsp., grated
1 ½ tbsp.., minced
8, lightly steamed
2 cups, for frying
Orange Beef Stir-Fry
1 h 5 m
1 h 25 m
- Prepare a baking sheet and line it with paper towels. Lay the beef strips in one layer on the sheet.
- Cool them in the fridge for about half an hour.
- Combine the next five ingredients (from sugar to soy sauce) in a small bowl and set the mixture aside.
- Pour water in a medium saucepan and add rice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice becomes tender. If necessary, add some more water at the end.
- Take a wok or a large skillet and heat it over a medium-high heat. Toss the beef pieces in cornstarch to coat and then fry until golden brown and set aside.
- Remove all the oil from the wok except 1 tbsp. Add zest, ginger, and garlic and cook until fragrant or for about 1 minute.
- Add the sugar mixture to the wok, bring it to a boil, and cook for about 5 minutes or until thick and syrupy.
- Add beef and cook stirring until it’s heated through. Serve over the rice and garnish with broccoli.