Eggplant, cut lengthwise
1, seeds removes, sliced ¼ inch thick
Red bell pepper
1 seeded, sliced thinly
Freshly ground black pepper
Fresh French baguette
Soft goat cheese
Tapenade (olive spread)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Eggplant and Pepper Parmesan Sandwiches
- Turn on the broiler to preheat.
- Arrange sliced eggplant and pepper on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pop under the broiler; let sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until softened and browned.
- Halve the baguette lengthwise. Spread goat cheese on the lower half, top it with tapenade.
- Arrange grilled eggplant and pepper slices on top of the tapenade. Sprinkle generously with Parmesan.
- Cover with the upper half of the baguette. Cut into 4 sandwiches.
- Serve immediately, when cooled to room temperature, or chilled.