2 1/4 cups
2 1/2 cups
Packed brown sugar
1 3/4 cups
1 1/2 tsps
3 (1-oz) squares, melted
How to Make Fudge Cake Moist
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Prepare a 9x13-inch baking pan by greasing it.
- In a bowl, sift together all-purpose flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix 1/2 cup butter and 2 1/2 cups brown sugar in a separate bowl. Add eggs. Beat in vanilla extract and chocolate. Add half the sour cream and 1/2 the flour mixture to the brown sugar mixture. Add the remaining sour cream and flour mixture to the batter. Add boiling water.
- Bake in the prepared baking pan for 35 minutes. Before icing the cake, let it cool for 10 min.
- To make icing: In a medium-sized saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Stir in 1 cup brown sugar. Boil the mixture for 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup milk. Bring to a boil. Place the pan in cold water. Stir in the confectioners' sugar. Mix well until the mixture is smooth. Spread the icing over the chocolate cake. Serve and enjoy your Fudge Cake!