olive oil, or as needed
freshly ground black pepper
red pepper flakes, or to taste
chicken wings, separated at joints, tips discarded
fine bread crumbs
finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
Garlic and Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and coat foil with cooking spray.
- Combine water, vinegar, 1/4 cup salt, bay leaf, thyme, oregano, and rosemary in a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Add chicken wings, return to a boil, and cook for 15 minutes. Remove chicken wings with a slotted spoon to a cooling rack and allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Mash garlic and a pinch of salt together in a mortar and pestle until smooth.
- Combine mashed garlic, olive oil, black pepper, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add chicken wings and bread crumbs; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned, 20 to 25 minutes.