½ cup, unbleached
2 tbsp., melted
½ cup, divided
1, large, peeled, cored, sliced
Dutch Baby Pancake
- Blend the eggs and the next four ingredients (from flour to salt) in a large bowl. Gradually pour in milk stirring continuously. Add the next three ingredients (from vanilla to nutmeg) and let the batter stand for half an hour to overnight.
- Heat the oven to 425° F/220° C/Gas Mark 7.
- Prepare a 10-inch oven-proof skillet, add butter, and melt it brushing it up on the sides of the skillet.
- Combine ¼ cup sugar, ½ tsp. cinnamon, and ½ tsp. nutmeg in a small bowl and sprinkle the mixture over the butter.
- Place apple slices in the pan in one layer and sprinkle another ¼ cup sugar over them.
- Heat the skillet over a medium-high heat until the mixture starts to bubble and pour the batter over the apples gently.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 375° F/190° C/Gas Mark 5 and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Place the pancake on the serving platter and cut into wedges.