1 cup, softened
3 ½ cups
6, very ripe, mashed
Extraordinary Moist Banana Bread
1 h 0 m
1 h 15 m
- Heat oven to 325° F/165° C/Gas Mark 3.
- Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, stirring, one at a time, beating well. Add vanilla and stir again.
- Prepare another large bowl and sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Combine the two mixtures, add buttermilk (optionally), and stir to combine.
- Add bananas and stir to combine. Pour the batter into the baking dish.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.