1 1/2 cups
Lemons, juiced and zested
Egg yolks, beaten
Pie crust, baked
Mmmm! Meringue Pie
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Mix 1 cup white sugar, cornstarch, all-purpose flour, and salt in a saucepan. Add water, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Stir. Stirring, bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Add butter and stir.
- Put egg yolks in a bowl. Whisk in 1/2 cup of the white sugar mixture while it's still hot. Whisk the egg mixture back into the white sugar mixture. Bring the mixture to a boil and keep cooking, stirring, until the mixture gets thick. Remove it from heat. Pour the mixture into the pie crust.
- Whip egg whites until foamy in a glass bowl. Add white sugar. Whip until stiff peaks form. Spread over the pie, sealing the edges.
- Bake for 10 minutes (until the topping is golden). Enjoy your Meringue Pie!