Great Northern beans
½ lb., diced
1, small, diced
Healthy Ham and Beans
2 h 0 m
2 h 15 m
- Rinse beans discarding bad ones as well as small stones.
- Pour 8 cups of cold water and let the beans stand overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Place the beans into the pot again, add all the remaining ingredients (from ham to parsley), and add enough water to cover.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, reduce heat and let it simmer for 1.5 to 2 hours or until the beans become tender.
- If needed, add more water during cooking.