6 thick slices
3 small tomatoes, sliced
1 ½ cups
Prepared soda bread
Fried Irish Breakfast
- Fry bacon slices laid in a single layer in a large skillet over a medium heat on both sides. Remove bacon from pan saving the grease.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Crack eggs into the pan but be careful not to break yolks. Add all the remaining ingredients to the pan.
- Fry gently stirring occasionally mushrooms and tomatoes, but try to keep all the ingredients separately.
- Turn the bread over several times to let it brown on both sides.
- When the yolks are still runny but the egg whites are already set, place half of all the ingredients on each of 2 plates, warmed beforehand. Serve immediately.