½ cup, softened
- While preheating oven to 350°F/180°C/Gas Mark 4, lightly grease baking sheets.
- Mix softened butter with sugar until creamed, lighter in color, and fluffy. Add vanilla and eggs, mix well.
- Sift together flour and baking powder, mix with the wet ingredients until well blended.
- Chip walnut-sized portions of dough, roll them out and seal the end to form a loop.
- Arrange cookies on the baking sheets, 2 inches apart from each other.
- Bake for eight to ten minutes. Ready cookies are firm, with golden-brown edges.