1 (16 oz.) pack
Bulk Italian sausage
2 cloves, minced
2 ½ cups
Red pepper flakes
1/8 tsp., crushed
1 bunch, trimmed
1 ½ cups, grated
Italian Sausage with Farfalle and Broccoli Rabe
- Pour water into a large pot and season it with salt slightly. Bring the water to a boil. Add pasta and cook until al dente, or for 8 to 10 min. Drain afterwards.
- Meanwhile, pour the olive oil in a large skillet and heat the skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Add the Italian sausage and stir it until it becomes crumbly and no longer pink, or for about 5 min.
- Add garlic and cook until the sausage becomes brown, or for 5 more minutes.
- Get rid of the excess grease, add chicken broth and pepper flakes.
- Bring the mixture to a boil over a high heat, add broccoli, and cover with a lid.
- Keep cooking until broccoli rabe becomes tender, or for about 4 minutes.
- When broccoli is ready, add all the remaining ingredients (from butter to pepper) and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Toss the mixture with pasta and serve.