Cherry pie filling
1 (21-oz) can
1 3/4 cups
Unsweetened cocoa powder
Strong brewed coffee, cold
for serving, optional
Effortless Black Forest Cake
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
- Grease and flour 2 8-inch cake pans.
- Combine milk and vinegar and set aside.
- Mix sugar, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa powder, and salt, and set it aside.
- Whisk together eggs, vegetable oil, coffee, and vanilla extract in a bowl. Add sour milk. Beat in the sugar and flour mixture. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into 8-inch cake pans and bake for 30 minutes (to check, insert a toothpick in the center of the cake: if it comes out clean, it's done).
- Let layers of your Black Forest Cake cool.
- Meanwhile, combine the filling and liquor. Refrigerate until the mixture is chilled. Fill the cake. Serve Black Forest Cake with whipped cream.