apples - peeled, cored and sliced
Jewish Apple Cake II
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 10 inch tube pan.
- Sprinkle sliced apples with 5 tablespoons white sugar and the ground cinnamon. Toss to coat and set aside.
- Mix the flour, eggs, 2 1/2 cups sugar, baking powder, salt, vegetable oil, orange juice and vanilla until well blended. Batter will be fairly stiff.
- Pour 1/2 of the batter into the prepared pan. Place the apple mixture over the batter then pour the remaining batter over the top.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 60 to 80 minutes. Let cake cool in pan.