1 whole chicken, about 3 lbs., giblets removed
½ cup, divided
1 stalk, leaved removed, cut into 3 to 4 pieces
Foolproof Roast Chicken
1 h 30 m
1 h 40 m
- Heat the oven to 350° F/175° C/ Gas Mark 4.
- Put chicken in a roasting dish and season generously with salt and pepper, both inside and out.
- Sprinkle with onion powder inside and out, too.
- Put 3 tbsp. margarine in the cavity of the chicken and arrange the rest around the exterior of the chicken.
- Place celery inside chicken.
- Bake uncovered for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and baste with the melted margarine.
- Cover with aluminum foil and let it cool for about half an hour before serving.