3 chicken breast halves, large, boneless, cut into ½ inch medallions
2 tbsp., or as needed
1 clove, minced
1 cup, low sodium
½ lemon, thinly sliced
Fresh lemon juice
2 tbsp., drained, rinsed
2 tbsp., minced
Exquisite Chicken Piccata
- Heat oven to 200° F/95° C/Gas Mark 8.
- Place a serving platter into the oven to warm.
- Take chicken breast pieces, season them with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour shaking off excess.
- Take a skillet, add vegetable oil, heat it, and pan-fry the chicken pieces for about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
- Place the pieces on the warmed platter in the oven and drain almost all the oil from the skillet leaving just a thin layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Cook the minced garlic in the skillet for about 20 seconds or until fragrant, then pour in the chicken broth.
- Add lemon slices, stir well, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Let the mixture cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until the amount of sauce reduces to 2/3, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice and capers and cook for about 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened a bit.
- Add butter and tilt the skillet until the butter has melted.
- Add parsley to the mixture and remove from heat.
- Arrange the chicken on serving plates and spoon the sauce over each portion.