portobello mushroom caps
extra virgin olive oil
red wine vinegar
chopped fresh oregano
chopped fresh basil
chopped fresh rosemary
garlic, peeled and crushed
salt and pepper to taste
Linguine with Portobello Mushrooms
- Preheat the oven broiler.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguine, and cook for 9 to 13 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Brush the mushrooms with 1/2 the olive oil, and arrange on a medium baking sheet. Broil in the prepared oven 6 to 8 minutes, turning frequently, until browned and tender.
- Cut the mushrooms into 1/4 inch slices, and place in a medium bowl. Mix with the remaining olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, basil, rosemary, garlic, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss together cooked linguine and the mushroom mixture.