1 (8 oz) package
2 cups, shredded
Processed American cheese
1 (8 oz) package, cut into strips
1/4 cup, chopped (optional)
Ground black pepper
Our Favorite Mac and Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C).
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions. Cook for about 2 minutes. Add all-purpose flour. Stir for 1 minute. Add milk, dry mustard, salt, and ground black pepper. Keep cooking until thickens.
- Meanwhile, pour water in a pot. Add salt and bring to a boil. Add elbow macaroni to the pot. Cook until al dente. Drain.
- Add cheeses to the flour mixture. Stir.
- In a baking dish, mix the cheese mixture and cooked elbow macaroni.
- Bake for 30 minutes (until bubbly).