Ground pork sausage
12 slices, without crusts
2 tbsp., softened
3 onion, small, chopped
6 slices, processed, shredded
Our Best Breakfast Casserole
14 h 50 m
14 h 95 m
- Prepare two large and deep skillets and place sausage and bacon in the skillets.
- Cook over a medium-high heat until the foods are evenly brown. Drain, crumble, set aside.
- Take 6 bread slices and butter all of them on one side. Place the bread butter up in a 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine sausage, bacon, onion, and cheese in a large bowl.
- Cover the buttered bread with half of the onion-cheese mixture and top it with another 6 bread slices with no butter. Add the other half of the onion-cheese mixture.
- Beat milk and eggs together and pour the mixture over the casserole. Cover with aluminum foil and keep in the fridge for at least 8 hours.
- Heat the oven to 425° F/220° C/Gas Mark 7 and bake casserole for 45 to 60 minutes. Chill and serve.