fresh peaches, pitted and sliced
Peach Cobbler III
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter a 9x9 inch glass baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and 1/2 cup sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt and baking powder. Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the milk.
- Spread mixture evenly into baking dish .
- If using canned peaches, drain thoroughly, reserving the juice. Spoon fruit over batter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and 1/4 cup sugar. Pour fruit juice or water over the top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 to 55 minutes. During baking the fruit and juice go to the bottom and the batter rises.