French bread, sliced 1-inch thick
firmly packed brown sugar
chopped toasted pecans
Praline Pecan French Toast
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Whisk eggs, half-and-half, 1 tablespoon brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a bowl until mixture is smooth and brown sugar has dissolved. Pour 1 cup egg mixture into prepared baking dish. Arrange slices of French bread into baking dish and pour remaining egg mixture evenly over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat; mix 3/4 cup brown sugar and maple syrup into butter, stirring until smooth. Bring syrup to a boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Stir pecans into syrup. Spoon pecan praline syrup evenly over French toast casserole.
- Bake casserole in the preheated oven until set and golden brown, about 30 minutes.