1 ½ cups
2 cups, shredded
1 cup, chopped
Pineapple with juice
1 (8 oz.) can, crushed
Authentic Carrot Cake
1 h 40 m
1 h 60 m
- Heat the oven to 350° F/175° C/Gas Mark 4. Take a 8x12 inch pan, grease and dredge flour over it.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl and set the mixture aside.
- Mix eggs, buttermilk, oil, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl. Then add the flour mixture and stir well.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl combine all the remaining ingredients (from carrots to raisins) and add the mixture to batter using a large wooden spoon. Fold in well.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 1 hour checking if the cake is ready with a toothpick.
- Let it cool for at least 20 minutes, top it with a thick layer of cream cheese frosting, and serve.