Ground pork sausage
1/2 lb, sliced
1/3 cup, melted
Low-fat cottage cheese
1 (16 oz) container
Monterey Jack cheese
1 lb, shredded
Green chile peppers
2 (4 oz) cans, drained, diced
Wonderful Sausage Casserole
9 h 20 m
9 h 40 m
- Cook sausage in a deep skillet over medium-high heat until brown. Drain. Set aside.
- In a skillet, melt butter. Cook onions and mushrooms until they're tender.
- Mix beaten eggs, cheeses, and green chile peppers. Add sausage, onions, and mushrooms. Refrigerate overnight, covered.
- Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C). Prepare a 9x13 baking dish by greasing it.
- Sift together all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt. Blend in melted butter. Stir the flour and salt mixture into the egg and cheese mixture. Pour into the greased dish.
- Bake for 40 (until lightly brown). Allow the casserole to stand for about 10 min. Serve and enjoy your Sausage Casserole!