1 (6 oz) container
1/2, peeled, seeded, chopped
Dried dill weed
1 (15 oz) can, drained
2 cloves, chopped
2, cut in half
1 cup, chopped
Dry bread crumbs
Our Best Falafel
1 h 10 m
1 h 30 m
- To make the sauce: Mix plain yogurt, chopped cucumber, dried dill weed, salt, pepper, and mayo in a bowl. Chill for 30 minutes or more.
- Mash chickpeas until thick in a bowl.
- Process chopped onion, fresh parsley, and garlic until smooth in a blender. Stir the mixture into the chickpeas.
- Combine egg, ground cumin, salt, pepper, ground coriander, cayenne pepper, juice, and baking powder. Stir into the chickpea mixture. Add olive oil. Stir.
- Carefully add bread crumbs to the mixture (the mixture should not be sticky but should hold together). Allow the mixture to sit for 30 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions. Then, flatten them into small patties.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Fry the patties until browned.