Raisins (or blueberries)
Unsalted butter, frozen
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (200° C/Gas mark 6). Adjust the rack to the lower-middle position. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all-purpose flour, baking powder, white sugar, baking soda, and salt. Grate the butter into the mixture. Work in butter with your fingers. Stir in raisins.
- Whisk sour cream and egg until smooth in a bowl.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until clumps appear. Press the mixture against the bowl into a ball.
- Prepare a surface by flouring it.
- Place the dough on the surface. Pat into a 7-inch circle (the circle should be 3/4-inch thick). Sprinkle the circle with 1 tsp white sugar. Cut the dough into 8 triangles. Arrange them 1 inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 15 min, until golden. Allow the Breakfast Scones to cool for 5 min.