Beef pot roast
1 (5 lb.), bone-in
1 tbsp., or as needed
1, medium, chopped
2 cloves, minced
1 ½ tbsp.
2 ½ cups
3, medium, cut into chunks
2 stalks, cut into chunks
Slow Cooker Beef with Mushrooms
6 h 30 m
6 h 50 m
- Season the roast with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Sprinkle flour all over the meat and pat it into the beef roast shaking off the excess.
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet and heat it over a medium-high heat.
- Sear meat for 5 to 6 minutes on each side, remove from the pan, and set aside.
- Reduce the heat, add mushrooms and butter, stir well, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring, until the onions become translucent. Add garlic and stir for 1 more minute.
- Stir in 1 ½ tbsp. of flour and cook for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 more minute.
- Add chicken broth, stirring, return to a simmer, and remove the pan from heat.
- Take a slow cooker bowl, add a layer of carrots and celery, add the beef roast with all juices, ad season with rosemary and thyme.
- Pour the mushrooms sauce over the roast, cover, and cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or until the meat is easily picked with a fork.
- Skim off the fat and discard the bones.