2 (10 oz) package, chopped, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
2 tbsps, chopped
1 1/2 (16 oz) packages
3/4 lb, melted
2 94 oz) packages, crumbled
4, lightly beaten
Greek Spinach Pie (Spanakopita)
1 h 5 m
1 h 35 m
- Preheat the oven to 350° F (175° C/Gas mark 4).
- In a saucepan, heat oil. Add onions. Cook until softened. Add spinach, dill, and all-purpose flour. Cook for 10 min. Remove the saucepan from heat. Add crumbled feta, eggs, salt, and pepper. Stir.
- Brush 1 phyllo sheet with butter. Place another sheet over the butter. Press them together. Cut into 3-inch wide strips.
- On the work surface, lay out 1 strip at a time with the narrow end close to you. Spoon the filling an inch from the narrow end. Form a triangle by folding the bottom right corner of the Spanakopita to the left edge. Bring the point at the bottom left up to rest along the left edge. Continue folding the Spanakopita triangle upon itself, until the entire sheet is used. Repeat the process with the remaining spinach filling and phyllo.
- Arrange the triangles on a baking sheet. Brush with butter. Bake for 45 min, until golden brown.