packed brown sugar
Sticky Buns II
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 12-cup muffin pan.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the 1/4 cup of the butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Make a well in the middle and pour in the milk. Mix until blended.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface and knead 8 to 10 times. Roll dough out into a rectangle 12 inches long and 1 inch thick, trim off any uneven edges.
- Cream the 1/3 cup butter and the brown sugar, stir in the raisins and ground cinnamon. Drop small amounts into the greased muffin pan. Spread the remainder over evenly over the dough.
- Starting at the short end roll the dough up (jelly roll style) and cut into 12 pieces. Place 1 each in the muffin pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Let sit in pans for 10 minutes then invert to remove. Glaze with a milk a confectioners' sugar mixture, if desired.