1 pie crust, baked
Heavy whipping cream
Fresh Strawberry Pie
1 h 0 m
1 h 30 m
- Take the pie crust and arrange half of the berries inside.
- Mash the rest of strawberries, put them into a medium-sized saucepan, add sugar, and mix well.
- Put the saucepan over a medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir frequently.
- Whisk cornstarch and water in a small bowl and gradually stir the mixture into the berry mixture.
- Reduce the heat and let the mixture simmer for 10 minutes or until it thickens stirring constantly.
- Pour the hot mixture over the strawberries in the pie crust and chill it for several hours before serving.
- Whip the heavy whipping cream in a small bowl until soft peaks start to form.
- Serve each pie slice with a tablespoon of cream.