1, slightly beaten
Ground black pepper
Condensed tomato soup
1 (10.75 oz) can
Uncooked white rice
Lean ground beef
1/4 cup, chopped
- Pour water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Add white rice and reduce heat. Cover and simmer the rice for about 20 minutes.
- Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add cabbage. Cook for 2 min (until softened). Drain.
- Mix beef, 1 cup cooked rice, chopped onion, beaten egg, salt, pepper, and 2 tbsps of condensed tomato soup in a bowl.
- Place small amounts of the beef mixture on cabbage leaves. Roll and secure them using toothpicks.
- Place the cabbage rolls in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour condensed tomato soup over the rolls. Cover the saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce to low, simmer for 40 min, stirring and basting with the liquid. Serve and enjoy your Cabbage Rolls!