1 (14-oz.) block
Ground black pepper
3 cloves, minced
1 tbsp, minced
8 oz, trimmed
1 head, cut into florets
Red bell pepper
1, seeded, sliced
Packed brown sugar
Actually Tasty Tofu Stir-Fry
- Pour water into a pot. Add salt. Bring to a boil. Simmer tofu for 2 minutes. Next, drain the tofu in a colander lined with paper towels. Squeeze and pat dry. Cut into small pieces. In a bowl, toss the tofu pieces with soy sauce (1 tbsp), sesame oil (1 tbsp), and ground black pepper (1/2 tsp). When the sauce and oil are absorbed, add cornstarch (2 tbsp). Stir.
- Heat oil (2 tbsp) in a skillet over medium-high. Cook tofu for 7 minutes, or until golden. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Remove from the skillet.
- In the skillet, heat oil (1 tbsp). Cook ginger and garlic for 1 minute, or until fragrant. Add beans, broccoli, carrots, red pepper, and green onions. Cook for 8 minutes, or until tender. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- To make the sauce: combine soy sauce (2 tbsp), sesame oil (2 tsp), water (1/4 cup), sugar (2 tbsp), and cornstarch (2 tsp) in a bowl.
- Add the tofu to the skillet. Add the sauce. Stirring, cook for 2 minutes. Serve and enjoy your easy Tofu Stir-Fry!