2 1/2 cups
1, peeled, cut into quarters
1 lemon, grated
8 h 50 m
8 h 95 m
- Blanch the almonds. Place them in a food processor. Grind until almonds are a fine dust.
- In a saucepan, boil the potato until cooked. Mash the potato using a fork.
- In a saucepan, dissolve sugar in 1/2 cup water. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring. Add lemon juice. Reduce heat. Simmer until the mixture reaches the consistency of a syrup.
- Remove from heat. Gradually stir in almonds, mashed potato, and lemon peel. Let cool to room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 380° F (193° C). Prepare baking sheets by greasing them.
- Using a teaspoon, spoon out the dough. Roll into small balls. Roll the dough balls in pine nuts. Brush each with egg white. Arrange them on the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 4 minutes, until the pine nuts are browned. Remove the cookies from the oven immediately. Serve and enjoy your Almond Panellets!