Boneless, skin-on turkey breast
3 1/2 lbs
Ground black pepper
Amazing Fried Turkey Breast
1 h 0 m
1 h 40 m
- Place turkey on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper. Allow the turkey to sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Put the turkey in a large pot. Cover with water by about 3 inches (water shouldn't come more than halfway up the sides). Remove the turkey. The water level is how much oil for frying you will need to use.
- With paper towels, pat the turkey dry.
- Pour oil into the pot. Heat to 350° F (180° C). Lower the turkey breast into the hot oil. Be careful!
- Fry the turkey breast for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 160° F (71° C). Line a baking sheet with paper towel. Transfer the turkey breast to the baking sheet. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Allow the fried turkey to rest for about 5 minutes. Serve.