1 ½ cups
2 ½ cups
- Combine the first four ingredients (from milk to cinnamon) in a saucepan and heat the mixture over the lowest setting for 5 minutes. Slowly bring to a boil.
- Add egg yolks and sugar to a large bowl and whisk until fluffy.
- Slowly add the hot mixture to the egg mixture, whisking.
- Pour the final mixture into a saucepan and cook over a medium heat for about 3 minutes or until thick. Don’t let the mixture boil.
- Strain the mixture to remove the cloves and let it cool for an hour.
- Add all the remaining ingredients (from rum to nutmeg) and keep it in the fridge overnight before serving.