2 tbsp., grated
1 stalk, minced
Red curry paste
Light brown sugar
3 (13.5 oz.) cans
Fresh shiitake mushrooms
½ lb., sliced
1 lb., peeled and deveined
Fresh lime juice
¼ cup, chopped
Authentic Thai Coconut Soup
- Prepare a large pot, add oil, and heat it over a medium heat.
- Add ginger, lemongrass, and curry paste and cook them in the heated oil for 1 minute.
- Pour the chicken broth over the mixture slowly and cook, stirring constantly.
- Add the fish sauce and brown sugar, stir well, and let the dish simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and mushrooms and cook, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft.
- Add shrimp and cook for about 5 minutes or until no longer translucent.
- Add the lime juice and stir. Season with salt and garnish with cilantro.