7 slices, minced
4 cloves, minced
1/3 cup, cut into pieces
6 oz., grated
Bacon Cheese Puffs
- Add bacon to a medium-sized skillet and fry it over a medium heat for about 8 minutes or until crisp. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oven to 400° F/200 ° C/Gas Mark 6.
- Prepare 2 baking sheets, line them with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Take a large pot and add butter, salt, and water. Bring the mixture to a boil and stir until the butter melts completely.
- Remove from the heat, add flour, and stir until well combined.
- Return to the heat and cook, stirring intensely with a wooden spoon, for about 2 minutes or until the dough is no longer sticky.
- Remove from the heat and cool the dough for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and mix well before each addition. Add cheese and the bacon mix.
- With a scoop, drop the batter on the baking sheets. Roll them into balls gently and place about 2 inches apart from each other.
- Add 1 tbsp. water to the egg yolk and brush every dough ball with it.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden and puffed up.