pineapple chunks, drained
Bacon-Wrapped Pineapple Bites
- Place the pineapple in a large bowl, and toss with sweet and sour sauce. Cover, and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- To prevent burning, place toothpicks in a small bowl of water and soak 10 minutes.
- Place a paper towel over a microwave-safe dish and arrange part of the bacon on the towel; cover with another paper towel. Cook the bacon in a microwave oven on medium just until partially cooked and still pliable, 2 to 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining bacon. Cut bacon strips in half.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Wrap half a bacon strip around each pineapple chunk. Secure bacon with a toothpick, and place on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining bacon and pineapple chunks.
- Bake in preheated oven until bacon is crisp, 20 to 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.