Extra virgin olive oil
1 ½ tsps., minced
Fresh ground black pepper
Large orange, juiced
- Preheat oven to 400 °F/200 °C.
- Peel the beets; remove the tops and hanging roots; cut in half.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the beets with olive oil, salt, pepper and minced thyme.
- Place the beets on the baking sheet and bake for about 35 minutes (until tender); turning occasionally with a spatula.
- Immediately toss the beets with orange juice and raspberry vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm.